Monday, March 23, 2015

WRESTLEMENTARY WRESTLEMANIA PREVIEW



This coming Sunday is WrestleMania 31! But I am sure all of you know that. As of today we know what the card is barring any last minute matches coming out of tonight’s RAW and this week’s SMACKDOWN.

What I want to do right now, is give a quick preview of Mania.

These are the matches as the card stands.

2nd Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Announced Participants
Curtis Axel; Big Show; Fandango; Goldust; Mark Henry; Kane
The Miz; Damien Mizdow; Titus O’Neil; Adam Rose; Erick Rowan
Ryback; Zack Ryder; Sin Cara; Heath Slater; Jack Swagger
Darren Young

If you count you well realize there are only 17 announced participants out of the planned twenty. More could be announced this week, but I expect a couple of surprise entrants.

This should be a hot opening to WrestleMania, last year’s battle royal almost stole the show.

My unofficial prediction today: Sheamus wins the battle royal in his surprise return. They have been airing Sheamus returns vignettes for a while, but he is nowhere in sight. Mania will changed that.

Intercontinental Title Ladder Match
Wade Barrett v Stardust v Dolph Ziggler v Luke Harper v Dean Ambrose v R-Truth v Daniel Bryan

This has had the best buildup of any match on the card. Everyone is scrambling for the title, and thanks to Ambrose, everyone has started stealing the belt.

With the buildup it has had, with how fun it has been to watch and the talent involved, if this doesn’t steal the show, then everyone in this match should be released on Monday.

My unofficial prediction today: Wade Barrett retains.

The Undertaker versus Bray Wyatt

I don’t know what to think of this match. The build for it has been pathetic. We haven’t seen the Undertaker since Mania 30, so we don’t even know if he is in the shape to go. He obviously wasn’t last year, there is nothing to prove that he IS this year.

My unofficial prediction today: NA

US Title Match: Rusev defends against John Cena

I predicted that Rusev would win at the last PPV and Cena would win at Mania. I have no reason to change that now.

My unofficial prediction today: Cena, new champ.

Bellas versus AJ and Paige

Waste of time at Mania, terrible build up.

My unofficial prediction today: DON’T CARE

Randy Orton versus Seth Rollins

In a very short time, they have given this match a massive build. It was the main focus of the last two RAWs. These are two of the best and most talented wrestlers on the WWE roster. They are very similar, cerebral, athletic, vicious, dangerous, this should be a good match.

My unofficial prediction today: Seth Rollins wins. He needs it more than Randy.

World Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar defends against Roman Reigns

Can we have this match on RAW? The build to this match has been terrible, with Brock being absent so often. Yeah, Roman and Paul on the mic really build this up.

Brock needs to lose the title and lose it now, so it can start to mean something again.

My unofficial prediction today: Roman Reigns

Triple H versus Sting.

It looks like this is going to be the main event, over the World Title Match. I am fine with this, considering the World Title is meaningless right now.

The problem here is the buildup has lacked sorely and should have been much better. It suffers from the same issue as the Undertaker and Brock matches, the absence of a major player, in this case Sting.

Sting should have been on RAW more often to build this up and make it even more special.

My unofficial prediction today: Sting.

On paper this card looks okay, but not great. If the talent can step up and if Undertaker and Sting can go, maybe we can have a special WrestleMania.

I believe that three matches will shine: the Battle Royal, Orton versus Reigns and the ladder match. I call the Ladder Match to steal the show.

In this preview I stated my Unofficial Predictions as they stand today. I will post my official prediction on Saturday.

It’s Mania time! Let’s hope the talent is as psyched for it as the fans.

Ace Masters

No comments:

Post a Comment