Tuesday, November 25, 2014

IMPACT STRESS TEST - FINAL IMPACT OF 2014

This will be my last Impact Commentary until 2015, as sadly this past Impact was the last first run Impact on Spike TV. I hope the move to Destination America will be positive. I will write about that soon.

This was another good broadcast of Impact, continuing their streak of good shows. However, I wanted more from this last broadcast. It should have been special. That is what happens when they tape weeks in advance.

It was a very eventful show, with two new champions, Kurt Angle taken out, MVP stepping up his game.

Taryn Terrell is the new TNA Knockouts champions, winning a three-way match with Havok and Gail Kim. The difference between the Knockouts and the Divas is that the Knockouts put on good matches; this was the best of the night.

I liked this match from start to finish, it was laid out smartly. Kim and Taryn doubled teamed Havok each chance they had, all three had periods of controlling the match. Tarn won with a surprise pin on Gail.

I am not a big Taryn fan. I honestly don’t think she is that good. TNA has built her up right though, and they have done it over the course of a year or more. She’s beaten Gail Kim in the past, but can she beat Havok in a one-on-one rematch?

Havok has been great since she came in. Used correctly she has greater potential.

Last week Joe vacated the X Division title. This week Low Ki won the X Division Title in a fatal four way. Low Ki is really good, and it is nice to see a title on him after his terrible WWE run. DJ Z was my pick to win; TNA has really screwed him up lately.

How good did Chris Melendez look in his match with Kenny King? Kenny King is great, and Melendez hung with him. That is hard for anyone to do, much less an amputee. Great Props to Sarge.

I hate the story line though, with MVP attacking him. I think it is a bad move.

It is perfectly fine for MVP to attack Kurt Angle though, and I have been waiting for it. MVP needed to step out and return to his bad self, and not just speak for others, as he said himself.

TNA needs that really strong, vicious Heel. MVP is it.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
A damn good show. Can’t wait for TNA to resume on Destination America. I am glad I have the channel.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: TNA Knockout Title Match: Havok versus Gail Kim versus Taryn Terrell
WRESTLER OF THE NIGHT: Sarge Chris Melendez.
IMPACT OF THE NIGHT: Taryn’s TNA Knockout Title win.

No comments:

Post a Comment