Wednesday, October 5, 2016

RAW 300 – 10/3/2016

(This was a sign at RAW, it is the only image worth posting this week.)

I can’t believe it. I just can’t.

I can’t believe that some people think that this past RAW was good. Maybe the Hulu edited version . . . maybe. Not according to my friends who watch RAW on Hulu though.

This may have been the worst RAW since the Brand Split. On paper, the show looked great. Kendrick versus TJ Perkins, Tony Neese, KO/Jericho versus the New Day, Sasha and Charlotte for the Title? YES.

If they had just broadcast that, in a 90-minute show it would have been great. Problem is, it wasn’t great . . . the execution just wasn’t there . . . but hey Ashley Kisses and Danny Masterbat . . .  (finish that yourself) were there! So, Dude it was great? Right?

We opened the show with a confrontation between the Booed Roman Reigns and the cheered Lana. Lana did everything she could to save this, she showed passion, anger, told Roman Reigns to go to Hell (I wish), while Roman killed the segment with his ‘this is stupid smile’ and inability to talk.

After a brief fight with Rusev, a rematch for the title is set for Hell in a Cell, in the Hell in a Cell Match. I hope Rusev wins, but I fear he is nothing but fodder for the Lame Dog.

The show never really recovered from there, and it did go to Hell. There was a Susan G Koemen segment I wish I could say something about, but honestly I skipped it because of Enzo.

I want to praise KO and Jericho. I want to say how much I would look forward to a KO/Jericho and New Day feud, but I can’t. The whole KO/Jericho and New Day storyline was destroyed by Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson. Why were they even there? They were terrible on commentary and only dragged the entire show down.

They did tease the soon-to-be break-up of KO and Jericho, but that too was ruined by Ashton and Danny.

There were three saving graces to this show: Kendrick versus Perkins (which oddly was non-title, when it was promote at title), Tony Neese and Sasha versus Charlotte for the title – which is the best RAW match since the Brand Shit.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Watch both Cruiserweight matches and the Woman’s Title match – skip the rest.

RATING: 5 – 0 for everything other than the Cruiserweights and Woman’s.

2 comments: